Holy Father, from whom alone all good proceedeth, let the Christian graces of faith, hope, and charity be every day more firmly established within me.
O God, I believe—
- that Thou rulest all things in wisdom and in righteousness:
- that Thou hast called me to be Thy loyal servant:
- that Thou dost rightfully demand of me complete subservience to Thy will:
- that in Jesus Christ Thou hast shown me a way of salvation whereby I may be delivered from my sins:
- that if I truly repent, Thou art willing to pardon and save me.
O God, I hope—
- for the continuance of Thy daily mercies:
- for the lessening of sin's hold upon my will:
- for my growth in grace and in true holiness from day to day:
- for a more perfect holiness, when earthly days are done:
- for a day when I shall know even as also I am known.
O God, I love Thee—
- who Thyself art love:
- who in love didst create me and in love dost still preserve me:
- who didst so love me as to send Thy Son to suffer and to die that I might live with Thee:
- who hast commanded me to show my love to Thee by loving my neighbour for Thy sake.
Help Thou mine unbelief, O God, give me greater patience in my hope, and make me more constant in my love. In loving let me believe and in believing let me love; and in loving and in believing let me hope for a more perfect love and a more unwavering faith, through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.